MyArtsandCraftsHome

The online community for people whose homes are in the Arts & Crafts spirit.

Hi, All!

New to the group. Hope that this is an appropriate question. Does anyone know of a resource for appropriate Arts and Crafts style fabric that is not as pricey as the $100.00 + a yard range?

Thanks in advance for your response.

K. Bailey

Views: 1316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And, Marilyn - about your doors.  Why don't you post that question separately - I think it has a different audience than the textile folks here.  I personally would like to know, in trying to answer it, how old your house is and whether you can tell if the closets are original to the house (or framed out later) and also whether they have ever had doors (check the frame for traces of hinges and strike plates). 

Cheers!

Marianne

It's probably too late to be useful for K., but there are some pretty nice home dec A&C fabrics being sold by Archive Edition (http://www.archiveedition.com/c-3-fabrics.aspx). They are fairly expensive, but they're less than $100/yard. Most of my favorites are in the $85/yard range.

There are a few companies out there that can print any pattern you like on various types of fabric for considerable less than $100 per yard.

DPI  & Spoonflower  to name two.  I have personally used DPI.  I have mixed feelings about the results.  The resulting fabric is beautiful, but the colors are not right.  However, we were working under special circumstances, so colors may come out perfect under normal circumstances.  I would recommend getting high resolution photos of patterns (repeats) that you like and try having a sample printed ($25 usually).  There are books available about Arts and Crafts textiles, and plenty of examples online.  Good luck!

Thanks for the info, I will; check them out! K. Bailey

There are a few companies out there that can print any pattern you like on various types of fabric for considerable less than $100 per yard.

DPI  & Spoonflower  to name two.  I have personally used DPI.  I have mixed feelings about the results.  The resulting fabric is beautiful, but the colors are not right.  However, we were working under special circumstances, so colors may come out perfect under normal circumstances.  I would recommend getting high resolution photos of patterns (repeats) that you like and try having a sample printed ($25 usually).  There are books available about Arts and Crafts textiles, and plenty of examples online.  Good luck!  P.S. - Both of these companies can do custom wallpaper too!

Linen and linen blends are very appropriate for Arts and Crafts style textiles.  Linen fabric is available at Joann's and other fabric stores.  Of course these are solids.  If you need prints, than that is a different story....

Judy Spadoni

Arts and Crafts Stitches

I know this is an old thread, but I'm sure it's currently visited by folks, so here's a fresh 2015 link:  http://www.spoonflower.com/tags/arts%20and%20crafts%20movement

RSS

Stay Connected

Newsletter Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! Join the LinkedIn Group

Badge

Loading…
From the editors of
Arts & Crafts Homes

© 2017   Created by Randy.   Powered by

Contact Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service